Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Comeback Post

Hello all of the three readers of this blog. To be fair, it has been dead for a while. But what's not been dead is the Indian music scene. I have found a resurgence of Indian rock music in my music library and what a better time to restart the blogsterbation.

Originally, this space was to be used so that I would be forced to explore the world of Indian influenced/produced music. When I first started out, I didn't really know where to look for the good music, and I would often just randomly search youtube and the web. It turns out that a lot of Indians are quite lazy, and the average life span of a band in India is about as long as a summer monsoon.

So I have changed the intention of The Indian Reverb completely. I want this space to reflect the best of what Indian musicians have to offer, and I will be exploring not only the classic Indian bands of the 80's and 90's, but I will also take a look at bands that have come out with really good albums recently, and are being proactive in the local music scene.

Since I am based out of Toronto, expect to see posts about Indian musicians performing out of the Sub-Continent, and probably within North America.

So without further ado, I give you the reborn Indian Reverb, and hopefully this time around, I will be able to engage you at a much higher level and we will be able to explore the rock, pop, folk and any other genre of music that India has to offer.

Cheers,

Udai.

No comments:

Check out my other blog :D